You are able to submit an application for a Queensland wedding certificate—or replacement wedding certification or commemorative wedding certification package—if you or perhaps the individual you might be trying overseas mail order brides to get were hitched (plus the wedding registered) within the state.
Your registered celebrant or minister that is registered of must record your wedding with us. We do not immediately send a certification whenever a married relationship is registered. You will need to purchase one.
You can find 3 forms of marriage certificate—standard, commemorative and ceremonial. Just a standard wedding certification can be utilized for official purposes and evidence of modification of title through wedding. You can even make use of your marriage that is standard certificate deciding on federal federal government agencies and banks.
The ceremonial wedding certification directed at you by the authorized celebrant or registered minister of faith just isn’t formal. You can not put it to use to show your relationship.
Commemorative wedding certification packages add a standard wedding certification.
The interstate or overseas registering authority to get your certificate if you were married outside Queensland, contact.
Just how to use
It may need you significantly less than ten minutes to fill this application form in.
- Answer the concerns.
- Select the manner in which you want to spend the cost.
- Review your details.
- See the e-mail we give you to discover simple tips to finalise the application.
- Have your evidence of ID documents certified with a Justice for the Peace or any other authorised individual.
- Submit your evidence of ID by post or perhaps in individual.
- Fill out the wedding application form that is certificate
Post your completed application form, or printed purchase receipt (if you paid online), together with your documents that are certified:
Registry of Births, fatalities and MarriagesPO Box 15188 CITY EAST QLD 4002
We will start to process the job as soon as we get your write-ups.
Processing timeframes for precisely filled out applications that have got all the proof that is required of and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no fee that is additional
- 2 company times for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable time that is extra Australia Post to supply your wedding certification to your target.
See any one of the following locations:
- The Brisbane registry customer service centre at degree 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane
- Certainly one of our agents at a Queensland Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) workplace (except the Brisbane Magistrates Court)
- JPs when you look at the Community in the event that you pay online
Bring your finished application form, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your initial evidence of ID along with other supporting documents (if needed).
In the event that you distribute your properly completed application at the Brisbane registry customer service centre plus the wedding was already registered, the certificate is likely to be provided to you instantly, unless registered before 1963.
In the event that marriage ended up being registered before 1963, the certificate will likely to be prepared after 2.30pm the business day that is next. Urgent certificates ($29.35) may be prepared in 3 hours ( or the next working day in the event that you use after 1.30pm).
Processing timeframes for precisely completed applications which are submitted at a Queensland Magistrates Court or QGAP office with the needed evidence of ID and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company days for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no additional charge)
- 2 business times for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable more time for Australia Post to provide your wedding certification to your target.
JPs within the Community—online orders just
Bring your printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of along with other supporting documents (if required).
Processing times stay similar, and begin from the time you have got confirmed your ID.
Spend the charge
The total expense is calculated whenever you fill out the applying type on the web. You can easily spend:
- By charge card (Visa or MasterCard)
- During the customer support centre
- By EFTPOS or charge card
- With money
- With a continuing company account cheque
- Having a bank cheque
- Having a money purchase
- Through the mail
- By charge card
- With a continuing company account cheque
- By having a bank cheque
- With a cash purchase.
Make cheques and cash requests payable to ‘Registry of Births, fatalities and Marriages’.
We don’t accept cheques that are personal.
|Commemorative marriage certification package (1 standard marriage certification and standard postage included)||$64.50|
|Standard wedding certification (standard postage included)||$49.50|
Standard postage is roofed into the price when you purchase a certificate to be delivered by mail.
You can easily request to own your certification posted by express or registered post for a charge.
|International registered post||$16.10|
- Fill out the wedding certificate form
E-mail bdm-mail@justice. Qld.gov.au, we reply to online enquiries within 2 company times.
Local call* 13 QGOV (13 74 68) Overseas +61 7 3328 4811 (+10 hours UTC)
(Phone lines Monday– that is open Friday 8.30am–4.30pm)
*Costs could be greater from cell phones and interstate.
Have the PDF application form
If you should be struggling to finish the form online, you need to use the PDF application form thereby applying by post or perhaps in person.
Do so online
Correct a certification
See how to alter wrong or information that is missing enough time of this occasion.