SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis guidance and help to individuals experiencing psychological stress linked to normal or human-caused disasters.
The tragedy Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline aimed at supplying instant crisis guidance for folks who are experiencing psychological stress regarding any normal or disaster that is human-caused. This toll-free, multilingual, and private crisis help solution can be obtained to any or all residents in america and its own regions. Stress, anxiety, along with other depression-like signs are typical responses after a tragedy. Phone 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 for connecting with a crisis counselor that is trained.
The catastrophe Distress Helpline places individuals looking for guidance on the way to recovery. Our workers offer counseling and help before, during, and after disasters and refer people to neighborhood disaster-related resources for follow-up care and support. Since its launch in February 2012, the catastrophe Distress Helpline has supplied guidance and help in reaction to catastrophes such as for example Hurricane Sandy, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Ebola outbreak, and also the Coronavirus pandemic.
The catastrophe Distress Helpline is staffed by trained counselors from the system of crisis call facilities found throughout the usa. These counselors offer:
- Crisis counseling for folks in psychological stress pertaining to any normal or human-caused catastrophe
- Information about how to identify stress as well as its effects on people and families
- Strategies for healthy coping
- Recommendations to crisis that is local centers for extra follow-up care and help
Whenever you call or text, crisis counselors will listen to what’s on your thoughts with patience and without judgment. There’s no necessity to give any distinguishing information whenever the disaster is contacted by you Distress Helpline. The therapist may ask you to answer for many fundamental information at the conclusion associated with the call, however these concerns are optional and therefore are designed to help SAMHSA keep an eye on the kinds of telephone calls it gets.
Whom Should Contact the Tragedy Distress Helpline?
This crisis help solution is for anybody experiencing psychological stress associated to catastrophes such as for instance:
The catastrophe Distress Helpline also answers telephone telephone calls and texts pertaining to infectious illness outbreaks (PDF | 545 KB), including the Coronavirus pandemic, incidents of community unrest, as well as other terrible activities.
The impact of crises may impact individuals in various means. Discover ways to recognize the indicators and danger facets for emotional stress linked to normal and disasters that are human-caused.
The tragedy Distress Helpline is ready to accept everybody else. This consists of survivors of catastrophes; family members of victims; very very first responders; rescue, data recovery, and relief employees; clergy; and parents and caregivers. You might phone yourself or with respect to another person.
Call or Text
Through the united states of america and its particular regions, call 1-800-985-5990 for connecting with a crisis that is trained, 24/7. Spanish-speakers can phone the hotline and press “2” for 24/7 support that is bilingual.
Callers into the hotline may also relate to counselors in over 100 other languages via 3rd-party interpretation solutions; for connecting with a therapist in much of your language, just indicate your preferred language to your responding counselor and she/he will connect with a live interpreter (interpretation in less commonly-spoken languages may need calling straight straight right back at an appointed time). Get the full story and down load information on the catastrophe Distress Helpline in 30 of the most extremely commonly-spoken languages in the U.S.
To get in touch with a real time ddh crisis therapist 24/7 via SMS, through the 50 states text “TalkWithUs” for English or “Hablanos” for Spanish to 66746. Spanish-speakers from Puerto Rico can text “Hablanos” to 1-787-339-2663.
Texting is subscription-based and just involves a steps that are few
- Sign up for the ongoing solution by texting TalkWithUs or Hablanos just as written. It’s important to get this done before giving your text that is first message otherwise the enrollment may fail, and you may never be in a position to talk to a therapist, or perhaps you may unintentionally sign up for another solution.
- Try to find verification that the membership had been effective. You will be given a Success! Content if it absolutely was.
- To unsubscribe, text Stop or Unsubscribe to 66746 (or 1-787-339-2663 from Puerto Rico) whenever you want. For assistance, text assist to 66746 (or 1-787-339-2663 from Puerto Rico).
Standard text and information message prices will use whenever texting from smartphones. Overseas text and information rates may use from within U.S. Regions and free relationship countries. SAMHSA will likely not offer your telephone numbers to many other events.
The tragedy Distress Helpline’s TTY number 1-800-846-8517 is available 24/7 to Deaf and difficult of hearing people, who is able to additionally make use of the texting choices or their preferred service that is relayincluding 7-1-1) to get in touch utilizing the primary DDH hotline 1-800-985-5990, 24/7.
If you’re perhaps not in instant need of crisis counseling help and want to call us for any other reasons, deliver a message. Call us for:
- Technical issues. In the event that you wish to receive a reply if you encountered a technical problem while trying to contact the Disaster Distress Helpline, please include your name and preferred contact information in your email.
- Provider inquiries. Providers with particular inquiries about technical help and help, needs for materials, and collaborations that are exploring motivated to send a message.
- Feedback. To present feedback regarding the experience reaching out to your catastrophe Distress Helpline, deliver a contact explaining your experience and SAMHSA can look in to the matter. Please include your name and preferred email address if you want to get an answer.
- Social networking inquiries. E-mail us with questions regarding the catastrophe Distress Helpline’s utilization of social media marketing.
- All news inquiries. People in the news with questions regarding the tragedy Distress Helpline ought to phone the SAMHSA Media Services Team at 1-240-276-2130.
Our staff appreciate hearing from individuals about their experiences. SAMHSA takes feedback about our solutions, whether it’s negative or positive, mixxxer alternative extremely really.
SAMHSA additionally encourages general public advertising of this catastrophe Distress Helpline. Everyone can utilize the tragedy Distress Helpline logo design and cell phone number on their site and connect to the tragedy Distress Helpline’s materials and media properties that are social.
Phone 211 for information regarding disaster-related evacuations, shelters, food and clothing circulation, volunteer possibilities, and other resources and referrals. Or look at the nationwide 211 Call Center Search web site to locate the 211 information and center that is referral you.